A Sand Dam Extravaganza is a celebration of unity focused on creating sustainable water sources. Hundreds of people from many communities and countries work together to complete a sand dam in one day. If you would like
to give a sand dam and see how it is made from start to finish, Utooni Development Organization can organize a Sandavaganza for you.
Several groups come together to do it including
- the funders,
- Kenya government personnel,
- volunteers from overseas,
- local non-group community members, and
- many self-help group members.
- Usually 200 to 1000 people involved
- Completed in one day
Learn how it is done and come get your hands dirty building one of these by signing up for a Tour or Expedition.